Career Development and Personality
Those who think about a successful and satisfying career need to understand themselves first. They also need to learn how to perform best in the workplace. Some of the key factors in career development include:
- Job satisfaction. Job satisfaction is at its highest when the job engages the strongest aspects of an individual's personality and when the job is in line with individual’s values and attitudes.
- The fit between employee and organization. The fit between employee and organization, in terms of an organization's nature and culture, directly affects an employee's career development, performance and chances to succeed.
- Leadership skills. Leadership skills are another key factor in career development.
- The ability to cope with stress effectively is another very important factor for career success in today's workplace.
JTPW™ assessment tool can help individuals understand their preferred activities, work style, learn best ways of working with others, and manage conflicts. The ultimate benefit to an individual completing the assessment is learning how to make his or her career development more effective and rapid.
JTPW™ Career Development Report
JTPW Personality Radar™ technology leverages Jung typology and goes beyond by making it possible to obtain a highly personalized, accurate career development report. Two people sharing the same Jungian personality type may still have substantial differences in many behavioural aspects. Thanks to Personality Radar™ technology, JTPW™ Career Development Report reflects these differences and provides personalized content tailored to the unique specifics of a respondent's personality.
JTPW™ Career Development Report is based on Jung typology and includes:
- Personality type description and scores
- Personality strengths. Knowing and leveraging one's own personality strengths is important for career success. This section of the Career Development Profile describes distinct features of personality such as leadership qualities, results orientation, creativity, the ability to establish effective collaboration, and so on. It can be for self-marketing, incorporated into a resume, mentioned at an interview or in other appropriate situations for respondents to promote him- or herself.
- Most favourable work environment. Discover the main characteristics of a work environment in which respondents can leverage the strong areas of their personality and be most successful, fulfilled and content; reduce work-related stress.
- Career development methods, tailored to the specifics of a respondent's personality. Using these methods will help in career advancement.
- Pitfalls. Natural personality traits may become weaknesses or obstacles in successful career development. These weaknesses or pitfalls typically manifest themselves when certain workplace circumstances are in place. This section of the Career Development report describes some pitfalls related to the specifics of respondent's personality, as well as some useful tips to help manage these issues.
- Career and job change analysis. Outlines conditions and “symptoms” of when a career or a job change may be desirable, from a standpoint of personality fit. Provides job compatibility calculator to assess current job compatibility. You can use the career and job change calculator multiple times, to assess compatibility as respondents move on from one position or job to another.
- Career development resources are available under the “Resources” tab. These resources cover such areas as approach to personality type, leadership styles, communication styles, and conflict management techniques.
Not an organization but an individual looking for an assessment for personal career development? Visit our Personality Explorer website and obtain your personalized Career Development Profile based on Jung typology. Leverage your personality strengths for career success! Market your strengths and land a job faster. Discover the work environment where your will be most successful, fulfilled and content.