All users are expected to adhere to the ethical use guidelines defined below:
- You should inform respondents about the purpose and the nature of assessment, who will have access to the results, how long the results will be retained for, and give respondents an opportunity to ask any questions they may have.
- Respondents must be given an opportunity to indicate if there is anything that makes the assessment unsuitable for them (such as inadequate language skills, or disability). If there is a potential difficulty, you should implement appropriate adjustments to the assessment process.
- Personality assessments should only be used if they are appropriate for the purpose and will provide relevant information.
- Personality assessments should only be used for job-related purposes.
- If used as a part of your job candidate assessment process, pre-employment assessment, placement process, succession planning, or assessment of candidates for promotion, personality assessment should never be the only method of assessment, and should be combined with other, more direct methods such as, but not limited to, skills and performance evaluations, structured interviews, and direct observation. A personality assessment is not a replacement for a behavioural interview but a means to prepare to it. Information in the JTPW assessment reports should not be used for, and does not constitute a sufficient reason for, rejecting or accepting a candidate, or refusing or giving a promotion.
- Personality assessment with JTPW™ instrument does not assess nor tests the actual behaviours of respondents. JTPW™ assessment assesses behavioural preferences based on respondent’s responses and the underlying principles of the assessment methodology. The results of the assessment are only indicative of the likelihood of behavioural preferences of a respondent. Individuals can and do behave contrary to their preferences, and are capable for adapting their behaviour and actions to the requirements of the job or organization culture they are in. However, acting continuously against their preferences may be stressful.
- The assessment results may be inaccurate or not valid for your specific purpose. You should validate and monitor the relevance and applicability of the information contained in the reports for your use. You should discontinue using the assessment if you find the results of assessment to be invalid or irrelevant for your specific purpose.
- Among various factors affecting the dependability of results is consistency (or lack thereof) in respondent’s responses, a tendency to favour edge responses (”YES”/”NO”), or a tendency to have no preference at all (choosing “uncertain”). The JTPW™ reports feature the Responses Reliability Indicator that takes into account these factors. The Responses Reliability Indicator value ranges from 0% to 100%. 80% and higher indicates a reliable input, 70% to 79% is still moderately reliable, and under 70% is not reliable input into the assessment.
- Responses and results reliability should not be confused with results validity. The assessment instrument might be valid for what you are using it for but the results might not be trustworthy because a respondent provided inconsistent responses. The responses might be trustworthy and the responses reliability index might be high but the assessment instrument may be invalid for your specific purpose.
- You should regularly review assessment results and assess their impact on decisions taken regarding respondents from different groups (e.g. race, ethnicity, age, gender, etc.).
- Assessment reports should only be used by qualified users.
- General, Specialist, Group Summary, 1:1 Personality Compatibility and Job Compatibility reports are not suitable for unsupervised use by respondents. Employee and Career Development reports are generally suitable for direct use by respondents by invitation.
- Your HRPersonality.com account must only be accessed by properly authorized and qualified users. It is your responsibility to ensure security and confidentiality of your HRPersonality.com account login credentials, as well as your respondents’ access credentials to their results, if respondent access is enabled.
- It is your responsibility to ensure confidentiality and security of the assessment results you obtained, and ensure your compliance with any applicable law and/or regulations with respect to usage, storage and transfer of personal information.
- It is the user’s responsibility to maintain their knowledge of the applicable current legal, professional, and regulatory requirements as well as best practices regarding the use of personality assessment tools.
- Users should not offer services which are based on, or incorporate the JTPW™ assessment, that are outside of their competence.
User(s), you, your: anyone who uses Humanmetrics personality assessment products and services, including, but not limited to, the Jung Typology Profiler for Workplace™ (JTPW™) instrument and/or any of its reports, outputs, and/or HRPersonalty™ assessment administration system.
Respondent(s): anyone who completes or is asked to complete personality assessment, in your HRPersonality.com account, or on your behalf. A respondent may also be a user.
Assessment, personality assessment: assessment with the JTPW™ instrument.
Humanmetrics, we, us, our: Humanmetrics Inc.